February 28th – March 7th, 2013
CBC Diversity felt it was time to step up our game when it came to participating in the conversations outside our blog concerning children's books and the representation of people within them. We want you, our readers, to know that you can rely on the CBC Diversity blog to provide links to news stories, discussion threads, tweet trends, and blog posts about these important conversations. We'll be posting weekly roundups to keep everyone abreast of the conversation and we'll be entering into a few more ourselves. We hope you do too!
If you'd rather look at everything all at once, you'll still be able to find the links to these news articles and blog posts on our all-inclusive News & ... page as well as event details on our CBC Diversity Google calendar located on our Events page.
CBC DIVERSITY/COMMITTEE MEMBERS IN THE NEWS
- Digging Deeper On African American Leaders, Andrea Davis Pinkney on NPR
- The CBC Diversity Committee Speaks with YALSA's The Hub
- In case you missed it in Jan: SLJ’s Resources for Finding Latino Kid Lit includes a mention of CBC Diversity!
ON OUR RADAR
- Kidlit Celebrates Women’s History Month
- NYPL Panel Discusses Diversity and the State of the Children’s Book
- 25th Annual Lambda LiteraryAward Finalists Announced, finalists include Malinda Lo and Benjamin Alire Saenz.
- 2013 Ezra Jack Keats New Writer and New Illustrator Book Awards Winners Announced
- March 7: Malinda Lo & Cecil Castellucci to Appear at the Mysterious Galaxy Bookstore
- Through March 29: Tall Tales & Huge Hearts: Raúl Colón,National Center for Children's Illustrated Literature
- Beginning March 26: The Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art Presents: Latino Folk Tales: Cuentos Populares Art by Latino Artists
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT EARLIER THIS MONTH
- Maggot Moon E-book Contains Features for Dyslexic Readers
- Fantasy, Ethnic Identity, and Monsters That Eat People's Livers by Mike Jung, author of Geeks, Girls, and Secret Identities (Arthur A. Levine Books/Scholastic 2012)