Check out the links below to discover information the Committee put together for anyone interested in producing, promoting, buying, or writing diverse books for children.
Diversity-Focused Twitter Handles
- The Children's Book Council tweets the best in young adult and children's literacy news.
- Chair of the CBC Diversity Committee, Nancy Mercado is an Executive Editor at Roaring Book Press/Macmillan Children's Group and works with of middle grade & teen books.
- Editorial Director at Little, Brown Books for Young Readers and CBC Diversity vice-chair, Alvina Ling edits picture, middle grade, and young adult books.
- CBC Diversity Committee member Caroline Sun is the Senior Publicity Manager at HarperCollins--the genius behind The Colbert Report Maurice Sendak interview.
- CBC Diversity Committee member Cheryl Klein is a Senior Editor of Arthur A. Levine Books at Scholastic.
- An author, editor, and CBC Diversity Committee member, Daniel Nayeri works at Clarion Books/Houghton Mifflin Harcourt.
- CBC Diversity Committee member Stacy Whitman is the Editorial Director of Tu Books, an imprint of Lee & Low Books, and is a wealth of knowledge when it comes to diversity in children's books.
- Namrata Tripathi, CBC Diversity Committee member, is an editor at Atheneum/Simon & Schuster.
- Home to the 28 Days Later campaign, The Brown Bookshelf is a website dedicated to highlighting African American children's authors and illustrators.
- Mitali Perkins is a renowned author for young readers often showcasing characters endeavoring to bridge cultures.
- PaperTigers.org is a website, blog & outreach program that focuses on multicultural young readers' books & reading as ways of fostering empathy, understanding & peace.
- LitWorld, a non-profit founded by Pam Allyn, believes that words change worlds and works to promote global literacy through advocacy, education and innovation.
- Children's Books Ireland is a national resource organization that aims to share the joy of books with every child.